Monday, September 10, 2007

Playing Today: DDR Universe, Space Giraffe

"Welcome back," my XBOX says. "Where have you been?"

The question should be, "where have you been oh broken console?"

Finally Microsoft brought back my gaming console and I had plenty of catching up to do. You'd think that BioShock would grab my attention first. You sir, or madam, are wrong. In fact, I plugged in DDR Universe first. After finding this game way underpriced at EB Games I dove right back in enjoyed some ultra-nerdy glee. Oh boy is this game a ball of fun. If only Katamari had dancing. Seriously, I now fully understand why this game became huge. I also understand why people play this game hidden away in a closet somewhere. Figuratively.

I also tried out Space Giraffe. I thought that Geometry Wars was the heir apparent to the 1980s arcade classics. Space Giraffe is making a serious assault on retro games and has my attention. This game is trippy, obnoxious, bizarre, confusing, and loves to give me points for... who knows what. Just give me points and I'll love the game, apparently. Fun game and well worth $5.

Hopefully, I will invest 60 minutes into BioShock tomorrow. For such great hype it deserves a visit.

No comments: