Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Playing Today: Lumines, Stranglehold

Two new games, two very different but enjoyable experiences. I purchased the original Lumines for my PSP and the experience was as good as I expected. The gameplay is fun and intricate without scaring me off. It is a variation of Tetris yet much more than that. I can understand why this was one of the first big hits on PSP and why it has been drafted onto several different platforms since. I predict years of fun to be had for years to come.

Tried out Stranglehold and had a bad taste in my mouth at first. The jumping mechanic was way too loose and I didn't think I could adjust. However, given some time I figured out the language of gameplay and adjusted my style to match the game. While level design is very linear and fighting is generic, I'm still enjoying the experience enough to push on. The graphics look like they were designed for an original XBOX and the voice acting has some issues. I'll have to really play on to really grasp the overall scope of things.

No comments: