Thursday, May 17, 2007

Playing Today: Halo 3 Beta, Fuzion Frenzy 2, 300

After a bit of a delay, I finally worked my way into the Halo 3 Beta. So far my impression is that this is Halo 2 with new menus, better capabilities (engine-wise), new maps and weapons, and a full-on video recorder. The video recorder is easily the most innovative part of the game and probably going to be the hardest feature to be copied. The most frustrating part of the game is overcoming months of Gears of War training. Because I was never great at Halo or Halo 2, I quickly adapted to Gears and now forgot all of the essential buttons in Halo. I'm still not sure how to change weapons. But that's just me.

I cracked open Fuzion Frenzy 2 and was surprised at how not-awful it was. Sure the voiceover is atrocious. But some of the minigames are a blast. I can't wait to get four people in the same room to play it. And best of all - it was free!

300 is still 300. However, my earlier comparison to Eragon is starting to fade away. This is (just a bit) better than Eragon. Hopefully, Spider-Man 3 will arrive soon.

No comments: