Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Playing Today: Shrek the Third, 300, Crackdown, AstroPop, Burnout Legends

On this extended holiday weekend I brought back Crackdown and played some of thew new content. The free content is pretty good but the paid content is now integrated into the gameplay. So, if you didn't pay for it, the game leaves the mission points as if you did. This is like putting pop-up ads in the middle of a video game.

Played more Shrek the Third, aiming to wrap up some of those achievements I haven't attained. The voiceovers are still awful and the gameplay is basic. I think that even little kids that liked the movie would hate this game.

The PSP joy that is 300 continues to grow. While the gameplay is simplistic and the enemies are repetitive, the bosses are no walk in the park. Some take 15 minutes just to lose to. I know what I'm supposed to do, but a mistake that I made 5 minutes in comes back to haunt me. Maybe I haven't played enough on the PSP, but 300 is worth a rental or a used price purchase.

My puzzle gaming was limited to AstroPop and I played Burnout Legends on the PSP for about 10 minutes. Both are great mental break games.

No comments: