Saturday, August 18, 2007

Playing This Weekend: Resident Evil 4, Wii Sports, Pirates of the Caribbead: At World's End

My XBOX is officially dead. It boots up and freezes at the XBOX ball. Oh well, now to send this sick puppy back to its maker. In the meantime my Wii has gotten some action.

I spent some time (5-10 minutes) with Resident Evil 4. I like the controls so far and the story is only slightly hokey. Hopefully, Sunday will get a ton of playtime.

I played Wii Sports Baseball and owned the easy computer. I've had lead of home runs three games in a row and forced the mercy rule consistently. This game is fun in multiplayer mode but really suffers because it lacks depth. Three innings is the max that I can play? Why put such a strange limitation on?

Finally, I started playing Pirates on my PSP again. The voiceover really sounds like Johnny Depp. Too bad that Orlando Bloom definitely didn't participate. So far this game is a simple hack'n slash, much like 300 was.

No comments: