Thursday, August 2, 2007

Playing Today: Bomberman Live, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dead Rising

Sonic the Hedgehog is proof that achievements can breathe new life into games that aren't exactly new. Having just officially paid for Sonic I decided to attempt one of the timed achievements. Now, if I were playing this on the Sega Genesis, why would I care how long it took for me to win level one? It wasn't as if I had a leaderboard to compare my time with friends. Because of achievements I spent an extra thirty minutes just trying to beat this level in under 35 seconds. And how frustrating is it that beating the level at 35 seconds still doesn't count. Score a 34 second victory or go home. This was quite an accomplishment (and although frustrating at times) for me and quite fun.

I played some more Bomberman Live and hopefully I'll get to play some more online games soon. I also tested out the two new arcade games but they didn't blow me away. Maybe I can get back to them later in the week.

Finally, I've picked up Dead Rising again to attempt some of those achievements that were just out of reach. I'll get these, hell or high water!

No comments: