Monday, August 13, 2007

Playing Today: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, BioShock

I wrapped up Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver this morning. Ultimately, this game has average control (which is better than many movie games), problematic voiceover and dialogue, ridiculously heavy-handed product placement, simplistic enemy AI, and limited game time. I enjoyed the gameplay more than that of Spider-Man 3 and on par with the robot portions of Transformers. I can't imagine if this game were much longer what new things they could find. I did, however, enjoy the puzzle solving stuff in the Terrax levels. It was good variety even if the puzzles weren't impossibly hard. Grade for this game is an easy C.

Played 15 minutes of the new BioShock demo. This game reminds me of Condemned a lot. I'm sure as the sci-fi comes out of the woodwork the differences will be apparent. For now this game is living up to the hype and might steal a bunch of Halo 3's thunder.

No comments: