Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Playing Today: Super Paper Mario, Texas Hold 'Em, Dead Rising, Wii Sports

Adding my first new game to blog in a while, I played Super Paper Mario. Too bad the game fell completely below my expectations. As I've matured as a gamer, I realize that I'm becoming more and more of a Tallarico than I might have thought. I cannot play a video game that requires me to read days worth of text. Games have moved from being a literal entertainment to an auditory one. I need to hear what characters are saying not just a collection of "Who-ahs" and "Wee-oop" to emphasize text. Nintendo needs to to suck it up and make there first party titles fully voiced. I think that New Super Mario Bros. may be the only new Mario game I've liked in years. I sent Super Paper Mario back partly due to the sound but also because the story and gameplay didn't seem as interesting and innovative as I had heard.

I'd rather get verbally assaulted by a Scottish dude on Texas Hold 'Em. I still took his money and gave him a dose of the right feedback. Hopefully, I won't ever see him again.

Dead Rising is still getting a ton of play as I hope to finish it within the next 17 months. Thankfully, Wii Sports never ends...

No comments: