Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Playing Today: Mega Man Powered Up, Spider-Man 3

First impressions go a long way with me. Mega Man Powered Up left quite a first impression, filling the portable void that Loco Roco had claimed for several weeks. This game is really fun, playful, silly, and still very much Mega Man. Instead of grinding away at the same bosses over and over until I beat them, the difficulty system lets me explore the game without suffering from frustration I remember. The voicework is great for a portable title and the art style is way above average. I can see this stuck in my PSP for weeks to come.

Spider-Man 3 is still an exercise in frustration. The camera is still broken and the gameplay is not remotely entertaining. I can imagine that most gamers would have returned this by now...

No comments: