Friday, July 6, 2007

Playing Today: Spider-Man 3

Played several games today but all were repeats not worth delving into. The only "new" game I played today was Spider-Man 3. I played this game months ago and have picked it up again because I need a new review and this is all I have. The game took me a minute or two to get reaccustomed to. I forgot the controls and the combos. Nevertheless, with those memories back in place I began to remember why I stopping playing this game: awful camera, jumpy buttons, and horrible voice acting. I guess it is kind of fun playing as Spidey, but not in this game. They stole the sandbox game type from much better games and went completely half-assed on the work. This game is similar to Superman Returns in that you really want to like it because of the characters involved but you want to hate it because of the piss-poor job of the developers. I'd rather have a cell shaded side scroller (like Alien Hominid) than another GTA clone. Still, I'll keep on playing because I have to finish it up for review.

No comments: