Monday, July 30, 2007

Playing Today: Transformers, Bomberman Live, Pac-Man Championship Edition, The Bigs

I took some time away from Transformers to finish up my first season of The Bigs. The playoffs were tougher than the regular season; however, I was still able to crack a ton of homers and pitch my first perfect game. I took down the Detroit Tigers for my first ring and hope to earn the same ring with an American League team in the future - maybe not too soon. Overall, this game lived up to my highest expectations and has only minor flaws (like mispronunciation) and a soundtrack that is light on music. I gladly give this game an A. I can't wait for next year!

Some more achievements were earned in Bomberman Live and Pac-Man Championship Edition. Both continue to stand out as the best XBLA games of the year and should be held up on a pedestal with Geometry Wars.

Finally, I spent some more quality time with Transformers. I love that that the environments are destructible. This was a feature I wasn't expecting to see and makes playing as a Transformer very cathartic. Too bad that the driving controls are atrocious. The driving portions feel identical to those in Full Auto. Is this the same engine? I'll have to do further investigating.

No comments: